DO NOT DELETE
Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2e
Author: Walter R. Frontera, Julie K. Silver, Thomas D. Rizzo Jr.
Publication Date: 2008
Practical and authoritative, this new edition delivers easy access to the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders and other common conditions requiring rehabilitation. Each topic is presented in a concise, focused, and well-illustrated two-color format featuring a description of the condition, discussion of symptoms, examination findings, functional limitations, and diagnostic testing. The treatment section is extensive and covers initial therapies, rehabilitation interventions, procedures, and surgery. From sore shoulders in cancer patients to spinal cord injuries, Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition provides you with the knowledge you need to face every challenge you confront.
- Offers practical, clinically relevant material for the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Discusses physical agents and therapeutic exercise in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that produce pain, impairment, and disability.
- Presents a consistent chapter organization that delivers all the content you need in a logical, practical manner.
- Presents a new co-editor, Thomas D. Rizzo, Jr., MD, and a pool of talented contributors who bring you fresh approaches to physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Offers current evidence and expert guidance to help you make more accurate diagnoses and chose the best treatment option for each patient.
- Features an entirely new section on pain management so you can help your patients reach their full recovery potential.
- Incorporates redrawn artwork that makes every concept and technique easier to grasp.
- Includes updated ICD-9 codes giving you complete information for each disorder.